Friday, July 23, 2010

36 weeks- 13 days left :)

With just under two weeks to go in my pregnancy, I went in for my second-to-last ob appointment and NST. Up to this point I have asked many questions- trying to keep up on my weight, blood pressure and whatnot...today I sat back and just enjoyed being there. My NST went really well- Max had NO trouble showing that he was perfectly able to move this time. Maybe the little buzzer scared him last time because he did not stop moving from the second I got in there. I had no contractions or any cramping, all went really well. I was able to have a really good talk with the nurse while I was in there being monitored, we eventually landed on the subject of blood clotting disorders and their link with so many miscarriages. One thing I learned is that my doctor doesnt check just anyone for MTHFR, just people with reoccurring miscarriages or losses. I also learned that up until about 6 years ago, they had no idea there was a correlation between blood clotting disorders and miscarriage. I am SO happy I was tested for this and I never had to go through another loss to figure out I had it. I am also very fortunate to live in these times, if I was older I might have never thought I could carry a baby.

My appointment with my ob was quick and easy. I found out that I will NOT be getting cervix checks at all- apparently there is no point to check me when we know I'm having a c-section. I know they aren't a walk in the park, so this made me rather happy. I am starting to realize there are some advantages to having a c-section I guess! We are just meeting once more next Tuesday to go over everything in complete detail. Hopefully Jeremy will be able to make it to this appointment and be able to meet my doctor.

Since it is a bit of a drive to get to Toledo, I like to save all my errands for one trip. Unfortunately, today was 98 degrees outside with a heat index of over 100! Thankfully people can be extremely sympathetic to a 9 month pregnant woman on days like today. One of my trips was to babies r us to get a baby book for Max. I have really enjoyed looking back at mine over the years and want to keep up on one for him (not like a boy is going to be that interested- but its good to have!) I opened it and started looking through the pages and immediately started crying in the store. I think it REALLY hit me then how close this is and just how much I am ready to love, nurture, and care for this baby. Yes I complain, feel huge, uncomfortable, and ready to be done- but that does NOT mean in any way that I don't appreciate this baby and pregnancy more than anything in the world. I am so fortunate that in less than two weeks I will be holding my very own crying, breathing, blinking, wiggling baby in my arms (that will probably look like exactly like his daddy, lol). It has been one hell of a journey to get here, but soon it will all pay off :)

No comments: