Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Two Months Old!

I decided to wait a day to update since Max went to the pediatrician today. I wanted to get accurate measurements of him. He got his two month vaccinations, which involved some crying- but it wasn't any worse that what I expected!

Current weight: 12 pounds 6 ounces

Length: 23 1/4 inches

Likes: Sitting up (with help of course). Max loves being sat up on someones knee so he can watch everything. He also likes to stand up and grunt and watch who is holding him. Sandy. This is Max's babysitter. She loves him so much, and you can tell he knows it! Staring at ceiling fans. It doesn't matter if they are on or off- hes not picky! His "paci." After eating, this is the one thing that really helps Max settle down. He has to have the soothie brand, no others will work (he also likes when someone sticks their finger in the end of it, which is something his cousin Riley just loves to do).

Dislikes: His medicine for thrush. About 10 days ago I took Max in to the doctor because his tongue was so white. While she wasn't convinced 100% it was thrush, she prescribed him some medicine to take care of it. Max hates getting this squirted into his mouth, and he usually gags on it and cries. Other than the medicine, there is nothing I have noticed that sets him off.

Sleeping habits: He is going to bed around 10:30, waking up once or twice in the night, and getting up for the day around 6. Usually by 8:30am we are ready for our first nap! lol

Eating: Max is still strictly on breast milk. Since I am back to subbing part time, I have to pump and he is given a bottle. I feel bad for Sandy, though, because Max isn't too good at drinking from a bottle. They all seem too fast for him. I have tried Medela, Avent, and Playtex bottle all "wide mouth, slow flow" nipples and they all seem too fast for him. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

What Max has learned: To hold his head up. Hes getting really good at this, but still bobbles. He loves to work on it, though! He also has started cooing last week and laughing a little bit. His social smile is definitely developed, he busts out his huge jester grin when just after a long nap (and many other times throughout the day). Just last week he found that sucking his thumb can help soothe him as well, but has only done this twice (that I know of).

What I have leaned: That avoiding eye contact after a certain time every night does wonders for getting a baby to fall asleep, this also works through the night as well. Eye contact really stimulates a baby, so this is one way to help calm them down at night. Also I learned today that Max should be taking more naps and that I need to establish a better routine for the little guy- so that is what I will be working on this coming month.

No comments: