Friday, October 31, 2008

One step forward, two steps back...

It seems as though everytime we get good news, there is a damper of bad news around the corner. Last night around midnight I started having contractions, about every two minutes for abut 2 hours. The doctors started a new IV to try to pump me back with fluid to try to calm the contractions, and took blood to check my white blood cell count. They did see a jump in my white blood cells, which means that I might have an infection. This is a very strong possibility because I have been ruptured for so long. If I do have an infection, I might have to deliver soon. This really stinks because the longer that the baby stays in utero, the higher his chances for survival. I will find out later on today more information from the high risk doctors and I will keep you all updated. We really need your prayers more than ever right now, infection is really a bad thing.

3 comments:

Nancy Dolan said...

Abby,
I'm sorry that you had such a scare today, but I'm glad the news wasn't what you first thought it would be. Tomorrow...let's take two steps forward and no steps backward. Stay strong...you're doing a great job. Love, Nancy

Sarah Rupp said...

Abby - Greg and I are thinking of you and the baby. We check on your blog every day to see how the little fighter is progressing. We know that this is such a hard time for you and Jeremy - but you are so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful family and friends. And, most importanly, you have strong faith ...

Take a deep breath and know that you are doing everything you can for the baby. We hope today brings more steps forward.

Love, Sarah and Greg Rupp

Heather said...

Oh Abby, we are praying so hard. I am praying for some LEAPS forward for you and the little one. We have the whole Bennett family praying for you!

LOVE YOU GIRL.