Thursday, November 6, 2008

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

It has been one month since we found out the horrible news that I had pPROM. Since then we have surely had our ups and downs, but ultimately we realize that each day our little boy stays in utero we are blessed. Today is definitely an amazing day. I just spoke with one of the high risk docters that had reviewed my ultrasound from this morning. They did see about a centimeter of fluid, which really isn't much but is something! I will take anything at this point. He also said that the baby was developing well and that they didn't see anything to tell them that his lungs weren't developing. Woot woot! Lungs aren't something that are able to be seen on ultrasounds, but apparently they can look at other things developing in the baby to help them with determining lung development. I also asked the doctor about the hiccups and he said that it is a good sign, but he couldn't really tell me much about it, although he wishes that he could. He told me to keep doing what I'm doing because things are looking good. Praise God!! No matter what, this little guy is going to have a tough road ahead of him, but so far he is showing us that that he can take on anything. Thats my boy! I really can't tell you all how much I appreciate the time you take to read this blog and pray for him, it means the world to me.

3 comments:

Nancy Dolan said...

Hi Abby,
I will be more than happy to "eat an elephant one bite at a time" if it means that there will be positive news. I just can't imagine how difficult this is for you, Jeremy and your family, but you're doing such a wonderful job at staying strong. I'm just so impressed with you, Abby. Your little "Dennis the Menace" is one lucky little fellow. Love, Nancy

Sunny said...

Abby -
I don't know you directly, I graduated with your sister. I just wanted to let you know we think of you often and pray for you and your little one. We are pregnant with our second, I can't imagine what you are going thru. Your strength and courage amaze me! Continue to stay positive, it's the best medicine for you and your baby! Take care and good luck!

Sunny Neuenschwander (McDermott)

Heather said...

I'm so happy to hear your good news. I wish I could get up there to see you and hang out with you! I miss you so very much! Looks like your little boy is as much of a fighter and game player as his mommy! I love you so much!

Take care of yourself and the little one. "Abby's room" is waiting to meet its new addition!